Science Writer (4)
We have 4 openings for Science Writers at the moment.
The ideal candidate has a passion for science, medical research and translating complex topics into copy that is easily understood by large audiences. The Science Writer is responsible for conceptual development and news copy deliverables to be published across multiple BioNews platforms, web sites, mobile, email and other forms of interface design. These responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts and developing short and long form copy solutions.
- Determine the conceptual and copy direction of communications initiatives
- Ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Bring topic research to the table to influence copy output
- Translate creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy concepts
- Maintain high standards of copywriting and exercise quality control on all copy
- Work closely with the BioNews Editorial team and offer insight and perspective into research, therapeutic and human interest news coverage
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations or marketing; Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years experience as a copywriter in a scientific or medical discipline in either a digital or print environment
- Broad understanding and experience producing for and reporting with digital channels and social media, including traditional (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest) and emerging players
- Expertise in reporting, writing and editing in a fast-paced digital environment
- A passion for storytelling in all formats
- A strong understanding of digital marketing, SEO and advertising principles
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles across multiple disease indications
- Adept at strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Experience collaborating with visual journalists, designers and web producers
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle diverse writing demands
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line.
BioNews Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.