Social Media Editor
Director Social Media
Responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives, including developing and managing viral marketing campaigns, creating and supervising high-profile channel accounts, and integrating interactive media into the overall business strategy. Other duties may include search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM) integration, monitoring and analysis of social media trends and their impact on the company brand, and supervision of an internal team. The right candidate will have a degree in communications, marketing or a related field; 5+ years of marketing or public relations experience (including demonstrable social networking experience); previous experience in the development and implementation of media planning and buying strategies within the advertising industry; and a strong familiarity with online marketing best practices.
- Manage Social Media campaigns across multiple BioNews sites with day-to-day activities to include:
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Identify and engage key opinion leaders across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogue and answering questions where appropriate.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing reader reviews and comments.
- Define key performance indicators and implement enterprise level measurement, analytics, and reporting methods to gauge success with subsequent reporting.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Demonstrated experience and a passion for the social technology universe (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Foursquare, Flickr, blogs, wikis, RSS, social bookmarking, discussion forums and community software)
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the BioNews publishing ecosystem.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
- Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Experience with online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, HootSuite, TweetDeck, and Social Mention.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please email a copy of your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Include the job title in the subject line.
BioNews Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, medical condition, disability, veterans status, or any other basis protected by law.